Within the quick-paced life of the 21st century, those of whom are fortunate enough to suffer from migraines or headaches infrequently are considered to be utterly lucky. There is a significant percentage of the global population for whom migraines as well as headaches have become a chronic issue to deal with. Thus it is best advised to carefully chose the method for easing the pain as well opting for a method of relief which can be considered as a safer alternative. In this article we present you top essential oils for headaches and migraines and effective methods to combat them.
- 1. How Do Essential Oils Relieve Headaches?
- 2. Top 10 Essential Oils For Headaches and Migraines
- 3. Powerful Essential Oils Blends For Headaches And Migraines
- 4. Essential Oils Application Methods For Migraine Relief
- 5. TOP Essential Oils Recipes For Headaches And Migraine Relief
- 6. Everyday Tips to get rid of Headaches and Migraines
1. How Do Essential Oils Relieve Headaches?
2. Top 10 Essential Oils For Headaches and Migraines
2.1) Peppermint Essential Oil
2.2) Lavender Essential Oil
Due to its health benefits, Lavender oil is widely topically as well as aromatically used to reduce the pain felt by headaches or migraines. By affecting the limbic system of a body, once absorbed into the skin, Lavender oil can therefore effectively cure headaches or cases of migraine whom of which are caused due to conditions related with anxiety disorders.
2.3) Rosemary Essential Oil
Rosemary is used since antiquity as a general stimulant, it promotes the circulation of the brain, and decongests the liver. The benefits of Rosemary essential oil are very numerous, but among them, it prevents insomnia and fight against intellectual fatigue, due to its capacity rich in camphor, diterpenes, cineol and rosmarinic acid. It has an antioxidant effect which stimulates cerebral activity and improves memory capacity and alleviates headaches and attacks of migraines.
2.4) Chamomile Essential Oil
2.5) Melissa Essential Oil
Melissa essential oil contains Emmenagogic and Antispasmodic, both of which are considered to enhance the nervous system of a body. It also consists of sedative properties of a lower percentage, thus all in all making it ideal for curing those headaches whom of which are associated with depression, insomnia and anxiety.
2.6) Eucalyptus Essential Oil
Such effective pain reducing effects can work perfectly well with reduction of the pain cause via migraine and other categories of headaches.
2.7) Ginger Essential Oil
This essential oil is well known for its virtues of general tonic, digestive tonic and aphrodisiac. Anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antispasmodic, it is also renowned for headache and pain caused by migraine. Moreover, it is known to have antibacterial and toning and balancing properties for the nervous system. Ginger is also used as spice and condiment in the diet, but also infusions in case of nausea and constipation.
2.8) Rose Essential Oil
Rose Oil is most well known for its soothing agents which aid with reduction of tension being caused within the body. Rose essential oil is therefore ideal for the type of migraines and headaches which are commonly associated with higher levels of stress or tension present within a body. By enhancing relaxation and encourage soothing the nervous system of a person, rose essential oil is considered as a healthy and an effective cure to headaches or migraines.
2.9) Lemon Essential Oil
Lemon Oil consists of Anti-Microbial, Anti-Rheumatic, Antiseptic as well as Anti Anemic properties. All of which help induce relief pertaining to pain felt through migraines as well as other types of headaches.
2.10) Jasmine Essential Oil
Jasmine oil consists of ingredients which actively play a role in reduction of pain felt through migraines and headaches. It contains Benzoic Acid, Benzyl Benzoate as well as Benzaldehyde, each of which aids with fighting off toxins from within the body as well as boosting immunity. The aforementioned agents also actively reduce stress, and pain thus being perfect for the reduction of frequency of migraines and headaches.
3. Powerful Essential Oils Blends For Headaches And Migraines
4. Essential Oils Application Methods For Migraine Relief
5. TOP Essential Oils Recipes For Headaches And Migraine Relief
6. Everyday Tips to get rid of Headaches and Migraines
- As soon as the first signs of headache appear, apply your preparation of essential oils (see recipes in previous section). The sooner you apply it, the more effective it will be (Same for medicines), a well-established headache will take longer to relieve than a nascent headache -> do not let it settle down.
- If you have the opportunity lie down in a quiet room and try to sleep a little.
- If you have the opportunity, try taking a hot bath.
- Apply a cold compress to your neck.
- Remember to drink well and to breathe properly by properly ventilating your room.
- Eat at fixed times. If you miss a meal you risk being subject to headaches as your blood sugar levels drop and the blood vessels will expand more than usual when you catch up with that meal later in the day.
- Remember when you had a headache. Note the time and things you did and ate a few hours before. It will then be easier to link to a food or sport that you practice for example.
All in all, the usage of essential oils for headaches and migraines has been a natural remedy used along the years for decades. It is still popular among the population and in practice due to its effective, healthy and promising results.
Continue reading with this article about other natural remedies for headaches and migraines: